I have two mixed breed cats, who just turned one year old. They are brother and sister from the same litter, named; Diago and Mischief (Misty). I have thought about toilet training them ever since I got them at 8 weeks of age, however we were moving around a bit at the time and so we used two litter boxes instead. I use one large covered box and one small- both of which use wood pellets as litter- which is way better then clumping litter in many ways. It doesn't smell, other than the wood smell.. it is safer for the cats.. its only 5 bucks for a 40 pound bag.. and its MUCH easier to clean. All you do is scoop the business and the pee turns into sawdust and falls to the bottom of the box.

Anyways I still want them using the toilet so I have purchased what I need and hope we have some success. I choice to blog this because I would like the support when needed.

Scroll to the bottom for the start of our toilet training.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Making strides

So far so good..things are progressing! Meals are getting eaten and bathroom breaks are a little more pedictable. Today I lifted up the litter box on another set of tupperwear.. the entrence is now the height of the toilet. Ill see how this goes..tomorrow I am back at work so they'll will have more than 24 hours to show me if they are ok with it or not. If all goes well tomorrow ill move up a step..turn the box and lift it an inch or two, guess ill need to find some books.
I haven't decided if I should put the city kitty on at the same time or wait a day to add Ill probably wait. On a side note I wonder how well the toilet will do with wood pellets .. they should be fine I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment